Paul Kirby
Europe digital editor
Ukrainian presidency
Ukraine's president sent his condolences to local families and said five residential buildings had been damaged
A Russian missile attack on the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih has killed at least 14 people and left dozens of others wounded, according to regional head Serhii Lysak.
Six of the dead were children, said President Volodymyr Zelensky, who grew up in the city.
Images from the scene showed at least one victim lying in a playground cordoned off by police. The head of the city's defence administration, Oleksandr Vilkul, said a ballistic missile had landed in the centre of a residential area.
One video showed a large section of a 10-storey block of flats obliterated by the attack and victims lying on the road outside.
The attack is among the deadliest on Kryvyi Rih since the start of Russia's full-scale invasion in 2022.
The city also came under attack earlier this week when a building in the centre was struck. Officials said four people were killed in that attack.
Zelensky wrote on social media that at least five buildings had been damaged in Friday's strike: "There is only one reason why this continues: Russia doesn't want a ceasefire, and we see it."
His home city is about 40 miles (70km) from the front line in eastern Ukraine and with a population of 600,000 it is reputed to be the longest city in Europe.